You may have had to go through all the vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite… and all other drama associated with the first trimester of pregnancy. You probably feel like you’ve become a bawling mess.
Now you’re asking…
Is pregnancy a good thing?
Well yeah… I know it can be a tough time. The fatigues, body pains, weight gain, loss of appetites and in some cases, over appetite or cravings, the change in physique – you probably get to lose your slender body figure and trim tummy.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Regardless of the trouble attached to pregnancy, having a baby is a most pleasant experience.
Over time you’ll realize that all the pain has gone away and what you’re left with are the beautiful memories and experiences that come with having ‘the baby’.
The baby shower, the baby naming, having to hold the baby in your arms; that feeling of bringing life to the earth, shopping for the baby… There are enough fun memories to last you a lifetime.
Not yet found a befitting name for her? Check out tips on naming your baby girl right here
Not sure what to expect at each phase? Here’s a collection of beautiful pregnancy quotes to lift you up and inspire you!
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes
1. “Life’s biggest miracle is the gift of having life growing inside of you.” – Anonymous
There’s so much we never get to fully understand. One of them is the miracle of having a baby. But, the most beautiful thing is that you brought a life to the earth. That’s something science still can’t do. You are a freaking superstar!
2. Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” – Tina Brown
You got that right! It’s time for a whole new adventure of love. There’s a bonding that having a baby creates between you, your husband and your child. You all of a sudden feel reconnected to them. It feels like the love triangle finally got its 3 edges.
3. “Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy.” – Jayne Mansfield
There’s something magical about being a mom. It just lights up your world instantly.
4. “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Anonymous
It feels like babies create a space in your heart and life the minute they show up. You just suddenly begin to feel the absence of something that wasn’t ever there.
You’ll need to create an extra room for every other person, when they finally show up…
5. “There is nothing quite like that perfect moment when you’re holding your baby in your arms and realize you would do absolutely anything for them.” – Anonymous
Here’s the point where you unknowingly assume ‘mother hen’. You’ll even fight a BEAR for your baby. Yes! You heard that right. I think it’s called the ‘maternal instinct’ or ‘super hero mummy’
1st time pregnancy quotes
6. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
Such an irony! The truth you’ll soon find out is that babies can be quite a handful.
The crying and need for attention never seems to end but they bring so much joy that it’s all worth it in the end. Little wonder, almost every woman prays to become a mother someday.
7. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
Have you ever had your Mom try to fix your dress or straighten out your jacket even after college? Yes, I’m guessing. It’s a mother thing!
Mothers would always dote on their babies even when they are old and graying. You too are about to experience such love.
8. “A mother’s joy begins when new life is stirring inside… when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone.” – Author Unknown
Whew! It’s just sooo… exciting. There’s a live baby growing inside of you. You’re its first contact, its first best friend, it even gets to sleep inside of you. That’s so much to be happy for. You mombabyheart momma, are a life giver!
9. “A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.” – Author Unknown
There’ll certainly be a whole lot of responsibilities. The sleepless nights, the fat pay cheques for baby food, extra baby chores, baby nanny, new clothes… but you’ll find the joy outweighs all the drama and bills.
10. “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” – Maggie Scarf
The scan just pulls up that nice little baby crawling in your belly. Interestingly, the baby is already so comfortable he’ll soon start playing soccer right there in your tummy… hahahaha… You could play back you know.
Funny pregnancy quotes
11. “I’m proof birth control is 99% effective.” – Anonymous
I’m so sorry, you may feel bad that your birth control method failed or you aren’t ready for a baby. Well it’s not so bad. Look on the bright side.
At least you’re gonna have a beautiful bed mate soon enough.
12. “It’s a great thing about being pregnant, you don’t need excuses to pee or eat.” – Angelina Jolie
There’s just some deep romantic relationship with peeing excessively and food crazing as a pregnant woman. You’ll need to just get used to it and laugh through the experiences. Remember it doesn’t happen every day.
13. “This one is pretty much the summer motto for us all”¦ “Bra off. Hair up. Belly out.” – Anonymous
Not sure if it’s just you? Haha! Welcome to the club.
All latest members should please take off their bras, raise hair/wigs up, ditch the make up, skincare box, uncomfortable dresses or even walk about without proper clothing.
Okay, about the last one, I’m not so sure.. laughs…
14. “Being pregnant is an occupational hazard of being a wife” – Queen Victoria
Get ready! It comes with the job description… haha! The sudden nagging, the late night meals, the emotional hullabaloos, and a host of other unrecorded events.
15. “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it” –Chinese Proverb
Every mom has the prettiest child in the world. Don’t let nobody make an argument out of it! Your child is the prettiest of them all.
16. “I’ve been to war. I’ve raised twins. If I had a choice, I would rather go to war.” – George W. Bush
“It ain’t show biz” Raising kids is work. Work that’ll require a team of staff; mom, dad and every other hand available.
17. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws, I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby, and I can go out.” ― Matthew Broderick
Whoever said your in-laws are cranky or spooky… No way! They are certainly sent from God. Angels in human form… Hahahaha… and your baby loves them just fine.
18. “If heartburn during pregnancy means you’ll have a hairy baby, I’m about to give birth to a Chewbacca” – Anonymous
19. “Being pregnant has made me realize it takes talent not to pee yourself when you sneeze” – Anonymous
Real talent momma! It’s like a badge. It just has to happen somewhere in the movie. Don’t fret over it.
20. “My friend has a baby, I am recording all the noises he makes so I can later ask him what he meant.” ― Stephen Wright
ah-ah” or “ooh-ooh, “puh puh puhs” or “buh buh buhs
21. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time—you’re the grandma.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
No single loving baby will give you this level of commitment. It has to be grandma’s treat.
Don’t they just love you?!
Baby bump quotes
22. “Feeling fat lasts nine months, but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” – Nikki Dalton
Relax and enjoy the moment. You could shed the weight later but even if you don’t consider it an extra pound of flesh to keep the babies marked in your heart.
23. “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
Congratulations! You earned yourself something not everybody gets to have. It’s a huge honor!
24. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” — Carrie Fisher
It’ll be the Angel we’ve all been waiting for. Not just some round and wide looking ball but a very pretty baby with baby hands and legs.
25. “At 8 months pregnant, one does not simply “roll over in bed” – Anonymous
26. “A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen in common.” ― Benjamin Franklin
It’s so interesting how husbands become even more attracted to their pregnant wives. Don’t let nobody dull your shine. Dress up in that beautiful maternity dress and wow us all!
Pregnancy quotes for wives (from husbands)
Wondering what to say to your pregnant wife? Look no further!
27. I’ll be here all the way to help you carry our baby together
When you need someone to change the diapers, feed the baby or even read the baby a bedtime story, I’ll be one dial away “Daddy”
28. Pregnancy combines your beauty and that of the cuteness growing inside of you
You’ve become really beautiful carrying our baby. I know our baby is just as beautiful as you are, so I’m getting a 2-in-1 package.
29. Would you want to talk about how you really feel over a glass of juice for the baby and one feet massage exclusively for you?
I know there’s a lot you want to say to me. You may feel scared or even unsure sometimes but the truth is you can talk to me about it.
I may not fully understand but I want to be a part of your every moment. So I’ll bring you a glass of juice for the baby while I massage your really beautiful feet.
30. The thought of having a Princess for my Queen and I to raise together puts a huge smile on my face each time.
Who wouldn’t want what I have? A Queen and a Princess… I’ll need to go get me a Castle already.
31. Before our baby, I’ve felt like the luckiest man on earth, but right now, I know I’m the luckiest man on earth
I’ve been very excited considering how lucky I am having you in my life. What’s even better?… I get to keep you and the baby in my life forever!
32. Lately I’ve been wondering why God has favoured me this much by sending you to me. Then He sends an Angel with you… I definitely think He loves me too much!
Thanking God everyday for you has been an understatement but this new blessing? I truly don’t deserve it and I’m really grateful!
33. You and I will make the best parents I’ve ever known
You could feed the baby while I read him a bedtime story. We’ll make a perfect team raising him.
34. I’m taking you and our baby on a date. Fresh fruit juice for the baby and that chocolate treat for you.
What did you say you wanted again? Chocolates? Well you can have some. I’ll order some fresh juice for the baby too… I’m not bothered about you putting on some extra weight. I just want you to be happy.
Did you know that dark chocolate is highly recommended for pregnant women? Check out this brand
35. Thank you for making me the father of an Angel
Wasn’t sure what an angel looked like until you got pregnant. Now I’m excited that I’ve not only seen one but I also get to have one.
Pregnancy quotes from/for preggies
36. “I don’t feel so good”
There’s so much associated with pregnancy. The early morning sickness, the feeling of tiredness, confusion and a whole lot of things I can’t explain.
37. “It’s not so easy keeping tabs lately”
I’m guessing it’s called “pregnancy brain”… its just so difficult to remember anything lately.
38. “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body- that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit” – Amy Adams
39. “Going into a pregnancy is a really challenging time for a woman, because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” — Brooke Burke
40. “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” – Christine Feehan
41. “I know some people find being pregnant so easy, but I can’t relate. It’s hard. It is incredibly beautiful, but it also challenges you in ways you never thought possible.” – Anonymous
- 50 Wise Names That Mean Old - April 3, 2023
- 50+ Sweet Names That Mean Guardian Angel - April 3, 2023
- 120+ Best Albanian Baby Names - April 3, 2023