Toy steering wheels help parents distract their toddlers when on a road trip. Most toddlers are driving enthusiasts and this can lead to them trying to drag the wheels with you when driving.
A toy steering wheel for toddlers is the solution to this problem.
There are lots of toy steering wheels out there to choose from, which can leave you confused and overwhelmed. So, we’ve decided to make it easy for you by reviewing and compiling a list of the best toy steering wheels.
- 1. Melissa & Doug Toy Steering Wheel
- 2. VTech Toy Steering Wheel
- 3. Vtech 3-in-1 Race and Learn
- 4. Battat Toy Steering Wheel
- 5. TOMY John Deere Busy Driver
- 6. BEST LEARNING Spin & Learn Steering Wheel
- 7. Coherny Toy Steering Wheel
- 8. Kiddolab My Little Driver Steering Wheel Toy
- 9. Casdon Sat Nav Steering Wheel
- 10. Amosting Pretend & Play Ride on Toy
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Toy Steering Wheel
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
This is one of the best toy steering wheels in the market, made by Brand Melissa and Doug, a famous brand well known for making great products.
This toy steering wheel has an interactive wooden dashboard with different elements that can be cranked, steered, pressed, clicked, etc. just to keep your kid fascinated and entertained for hours.
This toy wheel has many fascinating moving parts that will make your toddler feel immersed as he/she plays while pretending to drive.
Some fascinating features of this product are:
- Light and sound effects
- Gear shift
- Key start
- Adjustable heat and AC vent
- Radio with 4 stations
- Hazard and headlight indicators
- Gas cap
- Gas countdown timer
If you are looking for ways to reduce your child’s screen time, this is the best choice to go for as it has no LCD screens whatsoever. It is suitable for kids aged 3 to 7 years old.
- Has lots of features including a key start and a scrolling GPS
- Great build and made with quality wood
- Has lots of moving parts
- No LCD screen for screen-free and hands-on play
- Bigger than other brands of toy steering wheels
- Breaks/spoils easily
- Some parents complained that it didn’t last
See more reviews on Amazon.
This toy wheel by VTech is best for toddlers (6 months to 3 years old), as it has small tools that fit their size.
The dashboard comes in two colors, orange and yellow and the little features of the toy steering wheel will keep your kid occupied for hours.
Some of the features that will give your kid a whole lot to play with are:
- A side mirror
- 5 colorful buttons
- A gear shift
- A cute dog character that moves back and forth when playing with the toy steering wheel
- Traffic light
- A signal lever that triggers fun sound and music
- Bright and colorful design
- Designed for toddlers
- Available in two colors, orange and yellow
- It is an educational toy, it teaches your toddler different animals and vehicles by simply pressing the 5 colorful buttons
- Has three play modes, animal, driving, and music mode
- Not suitable for older kids
- The sound volume may not be good
- It may not last long
Check out more reviews on Amazon.
This toy wheel is suitable for older toddlers aged 3 to 6 years old. If your older child loves to play driving, then get him/her this.
It has three driving modes: car, jet, and motorcycle modes which are visible on the screen.
This steering wheel for toddlers is also an educational tool. It teaches numbers, phonics, shapes, letters, and spellings.
It also has lots of amazing features that can keep your child engaged for hours, it has:
- A vibrating controller
- Horn to honk
- Real racing sounds that come from the gear shift thereby simulating a real driving experience
- Sturdy and durable
- Has 9 race courses
- Has off button and volume control
- The screen is too dark, has no backlight and no way to adjust the brightness
- The screen can be easily broken
Check it out on Amazon.
This is one of the best toy steering wheels with game mode. It is also very interactive and gives your child something interesting to play with and keeps them engaged for hours.
It can be used like any other toy wheel but it also has a game mood in which your child has to follow the traffic lights. This game mood helps kids enjoy the toy more.
It is suitable for kids above 2 years old and it is ideal for long road trips.
- Built-in game mood
- Has lots of realistic sounds and lights
- It teaches kids how to differentiate colors
- Portable, lightweight, and sturdy
- The quality of plastic can be improved on
- It breaks easily
- You can’t attach the wheel to car seats
- The horn noise is too realistic
- It must sit on a flat surface for the signal to work
See more reviews on Amazon.
This toy steering wheel helps young boys and girls imagine that they are driving a tractor or other farm equipment. It is suitable for kids aged 18 months to 5 years of age.
It has realistic sounds and light when the appropriate buttons are pushed and it also has layered sounds and which gives toddlers a more realistic driving experience.
This toy steering wheel has lots of realistic features to make play fun and engaging for your child. It has a key on the bottom that can be turned on and off to either start or stop the engine and also make the arrows to light up.
The speed can also be changed manually by turning the wheel. There are shift gears on both sides of the wheel and a turn signal. Your toddlers can use the hazard button to warn other drivers if they get into trouble on the road.
- Perfect for kids and it is engaging
- Realistic sound
- Has turn signals and key
- The volume cannot be adjusted
- The key is removable making it a potential choking hazard
Check out the product on Amazon.
If your toddler loves colorful things, get him/her this toy steering wheel. It is made with highly durable materials that can withstand minor spills, throws, and drops.
It is a learning tool and also encourages many hours of play by offering three different modes.
Your child can spin or touch the wheel to learn different feelings, colors, shapes, etc. The toy steering wheel also plays songs and music to amuse them.
This is different from other brands out there in that there is no base. The bottom is raised and it has a slip-proof pad that prevents it from flying across the floor when spun.
- Strong and durable
- Slip-resistant pad below it
- Has three learning modes
- It is not a driving wheel per se
- The volume is too loud even when on the lowest
- It may be too advanced for most toddlers.
Check out the product on Amazon.
This toy steering wheel is very strong and one of the most portable. And one thing with this brand is that it can be installed on car seats and walls.
You can install it behind your car seat in your vehicle just to entertain your kid while driving instead of giving them your phone. It will also make your toddler think that they are in control.
It has buttons that make the toy steering wheel more fun for kids.
- Can be installed on car seats or walls at home
- Has lots of buttons to keep your child entertained
- 100% money back guarantee
- Light and sound effects are realistic
- Light and sturdy
- Fits all car models
- The sounds can be annoying especially if you are on a long road trip
- The charger has a risk of burning
- Fragile and may not last
See reviews on Amazon.
This toy steering wheel is designed for kids 3 months and above. It is a soft steering wheel that even young babies can use in the crib, stroller, or car.
It comes with a Velcro strap that you can use to easily attach it anywhere and lots of buttons, knobs, lights, and beautiful sounds to give your child lots of imaginative fun.
One stand-out feature of the Kiddolab My Little Driver Steering Wheel Toy is that it is made of soft fabric and not plastic like other brands.
It is also smaller in size making it perfect for little hands. This product is free from BPA, it is easy to clean, and strong enough to withstand daily use.
- Strong Velcro strap for attaching it
- Babies as young as 3 months old can use this
- Made from fabrics
- Quality with robust stitching
- The battery compartment is secure
- The sound can be loud and annoying
- Some parents were not pleased with the design
Check the product out on Amazon.
This toy steering wheel is designed for older children. It responds to their actions and gives positive and negative feedback just to aid their learning and fun.
It has a Sat Nav screen which gives a nice and realistic touch and also improves imaginative play.
The Casdon Sat Nav Steering Wheel is a voice-activated steering wheel for kids that offers commands that your child can respond to and even offers feedback as your child takes action.
Please note that the voice is in a British accent and not an American accent.
It comes with many interesting features like:
- Realistic horn
- Gear change
- Indicator lights
- Flashing lights
- Breaking sounds, etc.
Your child will simply place this toy between his/her legs to have a functional driving experience. It can also be used in the car enabling them to drive along with you.
- Interactive and fun
- Has 12 spoken commands and interactive responses which teach kids how to react to instructions
- Multiple routes of play
- Super realistic
- May break easily
- Some parents complained about the quality
See reviews on Amazon.
This unique toy steering wheel for toddlers aged 18 months and above offers more than a handheld steering wheel. It has a seat with brake and gas pedals.
It also has an interactive screen, a steering wheel, a rearview mirror, screen with driving scenes, and endless buttons to give your kid a realistic driving experience.
The screen will amuse your toddler because the speed changes as your child shifts gears. And they can change the driving to feature a firetruck, police car, or an ambulance.
The car on the screen turns as your child turns either left or right.
- Offers simulated driving experience
- Innovative accelerator and brake pedal
- Three buttons that introduce a firefighting truck, police car, and ambulance
- For indoor driving only, can’t be used outside or in a car
- A bit more costly than other brands
- You can’t drive, it is stationary, and only the screen shows movements
- Some parts can break
Check out the product on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Toy Steering Wheel
Kids look up to adults and they love to emulate what they see adults do. They do this to put themselves in your shoes and to know what it feels like to do what you do.
Kids also love to imagine themselves driving fast cars with imaginary steering wheels.
It is also a way for them to have fun, entertain themselves, and have lots of imaginary scenarios.
Yes! There are two main types. We have the car toy steering wheel and the toy steering wheel with dashboard.
The toy steering wheels with dashboards are used indoors and in cars. They have lots of interactive features like moving parts and extra buttons.
Car toy steering wheels, on the other hand, are fixed onto a car or vehicle. These steering wheels for toddlers don’t have a dashboard but they have buttons that your child can press for sound and other effects.
Well, they cost between $10 to $20 and the cost depends on a few factors like the dashboard, moving parts, sound effects, and even game mode.
Yes! They are safe, as long as your kids are properly buckled up and the toy wheel is installed correctly.
Most toy steering wheels are designed for kids six months and above.
A toy steering wheel will help keep your little one entertained while on a road trip.
This post contains some of the very best toy steering wheels and other important things you need to know about toy steering wheels.
You might also like:
It can be stressful to prepare fresh baby food every feeding time. That is why…
A good slide will make your kids giggle all day, whether they are playing alone…
Parents nowadays search for magic baby names with unusual and fascinating meanings. Most have been…
Warren Buffet said that the No. 1 mistake parents make is waiting for too long…