It can be stressful to prepare fresh baby food every feeding time. That is why you need a good baby food freezer tray so you can make your baby’s food en masse and store it.
However, there are so many baby food freezer trays and it might be hard to decide which to choose. Luckily, we have researched the best food freezer trays and what you must know about them.
See our list of recommendations below:
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Our Best Picks
- OXO Tot 2-ounce Baby Food Freezer Container – Overall best
- Wean Green baby food cubes – Best glass baby food storage cubes
- Kiddo Feedo Baby Feeding Freezer Tray – Easiest to open
- SamuelWorld Silicone Baby Food Freezer Storage Container – Best for freezing light liquids
- WeeSprout Matte 4 oz Glass Food Storage with silicone Freezer Tray – Best value
- Mumi&Bubi Solid starter kit tray – Best for maximum storage
- Silicone baby food storage trays – Best for small freezer space
How to choose your baby food freezer tray
Baby food freezer trays are designed to satisfy many needs. Consider the following factors to choose the most suitable one for you.
Plastics and silicone are the commonest materials used for making baby food. However, glass containers are the oldest in use and are still in use today.
Silicone trays have become the most preferred today because of their flexibility which makes it easy to remove each food portion. Plastics are more rigid, but not as rigid as glass.
Glass is the safest container for storing baby food. They do not emit any toxins into the baby’s food. They are also easy to clean and sterilize. However, they are heavy and prone to shatter. They are also very expensive.
Silicone containers on the other hand are safe because they are made from food-grade silicone. But they may emit some strong odor and are quite pricey.
Plastics on the other hand are more affordable than glass and silicone, but they can emit BPA and other toxins. Still, some plastic food containers are made from BPA-free plastics and won’t emit toxins into your child’s food.
Freezer food trays are available in different capacities. They come in different numbers and sizes of pods, you must evaluate how much food they can take.
Smaller food trays can take up to 12 ounces while the bigger ones can contain up to 42. Also, each pod may take one to three oz.
Some freezer food trays have measurement markings on the individual parts so you know how much food you are taking out to feed your baby during mealtime. You can also follow this marking to know how many servings you are freezing in a pod.
Food freezer trays may carry baby food for several days, weeks, or months. Hence, they should be free from PVC, BPA, phthalate, and other toxins.
Consider if the food tray is safe for use in the freezer to know whether you should transfer baby food to a storage bag to preserve it for a long.
- Ease of cleaning
As a busy mom, you need a baby food freezer tray that’s dishwasher-safe. That way, you can just throw it at the top rack and it cleans it up for you.
Even if it is not dishwasher safe, it should be something you clean in a few minutes.
A stackable freezer tray will save space in your freezer or home when it is not in use.
Freezer trays that come in separate containers that are not stackable may consume more space in your freezer and in the house. Hence, go for stackable free trays if you do not have a spacious home
7 Best Baby Food Freezer Trays
OXO Tot 2-ounce Baby Food Freezer Container – Overall best
You can choose to save baby food on this container either individually or on a block. They are individual food containers with individual lids.
This lid makes it easy to carry your baby food from one location to another without it spilling.
We love that these baby food freezer blocks are made from BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free plastics. The lid is also air and water-tight to prevent leakage.
You can use these food preservation blocks in a freezer and put them into a microwave to warm the food when your baby is ready to feed because it is microwave safe.
These food freezer blocks are even easier to use because of the extra tray that comes with them. The carrier tray stabilizes the containers while you travel.
The downside of this container is that though it is transparent, it may stain when you put some kind of food in them or store food for a while.
- It is made from high-quality materials
- The lids are extra secure
- It has a transparent color for it to see the food you want to choose
- It comes with a carrying tray
- It is possible for these transparent containers to stain after storing food for a while
- It is difficult to stack the food blocks without the tray
Wean Green baby food cubes – Best glass baby food container
Many troubles are associated with plastics including toxins from BPA, PVC, and phthalate. This could make moms find a glass option that doesn’t impose those threats.
The Wean Green glass baby food storage container is produced from tempered glass, which is very difficult to break. According to the manufacturers, they are five times stronger than regular glass.
It comes with click-tight lids which allow you to fill the containers with baby food or snack and put them into your diaper bag and it won’t pour.
The durability of this glass and click-tight lid make it safe for storing purees even when it’s a little weepy.
Again, these containers are safe for use in the freezer, oven, and microwave. Cleaning is also easy because you can wash them in a dishwasher.
- It is a glass container and doesn’t contain toxins
- The glass is very durable and can barely break
- Cleaning is easy because it is dishwasher safe
- The lids are heavy-duty.
- They are available in many sizes so you can pick one that’s is suitable for your kid
- A parent complained that her yogurt leaked from this container
Kiddo Feedo Baby Feeding Freezer Tray – Easiest to open
What we love most about the Kiddo Feedo baby feeding freezer tray is that the covers are very soft and bendable. Though they are easy to open, they are also very tight to prevent air and contaminants from getting in.
The food tray itself is a single tray with nine pods, made from 100% food grade and eco-friendly Silicone. Since they are made from silicone they are free from BPA, PVC, and other toxins.
Each of these pods can hold up to 2.5 ounces of food. You can measure the level of food you put into each pod to serve your child, following the volume markings provided.
It is easy to stack these containers because of the flat bottom.
These containers are dishwasher safe. You can also put it into a microwave to warm your baby’s food when it’s ready to feed.
It also comes with a baby feeding book that will be very handy if they’re just starting their journey to motherhood.
- It is made from flexible silicone material
- The flexible and easy-to-bend lid makes it easy to open the container
- It has volume markings to help you measure how much food is put into each pod or taken out
- It is easy to stack these containers
- They are safe for dishwasher and microwave
- They are free from toxins, BPA, PVC, and other allergens
- The silicone may have an odor
SamuelWorld Silicone Baby Food Freezer Storage Container – Best for freezing light liquids
You get to freeze 12 servings of your baby meals at once in this freezer tray.
It is made from silicone, which means it is free from BPA and easy to clean. Rinse it with water and it is perfectly clean.
The lid of this continent is so strong that you can put breast milk into the pods and it won’t pour. Though the lid holds the food tray strongly, it is still easy to open the foot tray without pouring the food.
Again, stacking these containers won’t be an issue because of the even lid.
- These baby food freezer trays are made from plastic and silicone which are free from BPA, PVC, and other harsh chemicals
- You can use it to store light liquids like breast milk
- It can stay for a long time in the freezer since it is freezer safe
- The lid totally seals the container to prevent food from pouring but is also easy to open
- You can stack this food tray in the freezer to save space
- Cleaning is easy because it is dishwasher safe
- The silicone has a strong odor
- It is quite pricey
WeeSprout Matte 4 oz. Glass Food Storage with Silicone Freezer Tray – Best value
These baby food freezer containers come with a silicone tray and save you some dollars when you buy them together. They are very helpful for storing bulk baby food. The glass containers come 12 in a set and are great for first-time moms who aren’t really sure about measuring and storing food.
Since each container can take at least 4 ounces, you can get one serving from each, depending on how much your baby feeds.
Since they are glass, they are 100% free from BPA, PVC, and phthalate. Also, they are easy to clean.
These containers are dishwasher and microwave-safe; Hence, you can warm your baby’s food directly. It also has measurement markings to measure how much food you have prepared.
You can still use these storage containers if you want to prepare a little quantity of food. Choose the number of containers that are okay for you and store the rest.
They are great for busy parents who don’t have time to prepare every meal and are not willing to compromise on nutrition.
Abigail loves this tray
Abigail is the CEO of Tech President. She said:
“As a mother, I’d have the skills and expertise to help you with your query. With that, I’d like to share something that I know will be valuable in your upcoming article.
If you are looking for the best baby food freezer trays, then I highly recommend the WeeSprout Matte Baby Food Storage Jars. These food jars are made of food-grade glass so you are sure that the food you’ll store here will be safe for consumption. They are also 100% BPA and phthalate-free so they are of premium quality. The good thing about them is they are individually covered so you don’t have to open the other packs if you don’t need them.”
- They are free from BPA, PVC, and other toxins
- They are dishwasher safe
- They are microwave safe
- You save money when you buy with the silicone tray
- It is difficult to store these containers when not in use
- They take up much space in the freezer
- The glass may crack with a sudden change in temperature
Mumi&Bubi Solid starter kit tray – Best for maximum storage
This baby food freezer tray comes as two in a pack. Each of them has 42 pods and takes 1-ounce servings. That means that you can freeze up to 84 ounces of food if you use the two trays.
Though these trays are wide, they are also flat to enhance stacking. This will save space in the freezer, and store it easily when not in use.
These trays come with an ebook with 27 recipes to teach you how to make purees for your baby.
The snap-on lids allow you to close this tray with ease, even when you are just pulling it out of the freezer.
Besides, you won’t have trouble removing the baby food cubes from the tray. It is also easy to wash and sterilize every part of this tray.
However, do not overfill the individual pods. This is because most foods can expand when they freeze. Overfilling each compartment will make the food expand to the lids, making it more difficult to remove the lids and cubes.
- It allows the mass production of baby food
- It is easy to clean the tray
- You never run out of food ideas for your baby because of the recipe book provided with this food tray
- You can easily close and open the lids, even when the food is frozen
- The trays don’t take up much space in the freezer or at home because they are stackable
- It may be difficult to remove the lids if you overfilled each pod before freezing
- It may be too large to use when you are only producing a little quantity of food
Stackable silicone baby food freezer trays – Best for small freezer space
These freezer trays are so compact. Each of them has 36 pods of 1-ounce servings. It makes it easy to store different kinds of purees in the same container.
Since it is compact and sleek, you can easily fit it into a crowded freezer. The trays are also stackable, and you can place one or two of them on each other, saving more space.
The downside to this tray is that the silicone is really thin. Though this is why it can fit into smaller spaces, it can also tear if you’re not careful when popping out the frozen food.
- It is made from BPA-free silicone material
- It fits small spaces
- It is a compact way of storing massive baby food. One tray contains 36 pots of 1 oz each
- You can freeze many purees in one tray.
- It is easy to clean
- The silicone material is very thin and can tear if you’re not careful when removing frozen baby food
Yes. Put the food into the compartments of the ice cube tray and cover it. Put the tray into the freezer and cover it until it is frozen.
After that, transfer the frozen food into freezer storage bags to continue preserving. Label the bag with the name of the food and the date that you preserved it.
Silicone ice cube trays are safe for baby food. It is even easier to remove frozen baby food from silicone trays than from plastics because silicone is more flexible. Also, most silicone ice cube trays have airtight lids that will protect the taste and freshness of the food for weeks.
Purees are the most accessible type of food to store in baby food freezer trays. You can make purees with a single food or more by steaming, meshing, or pureeing them.
Freezer trays are created differently and each of them has its care instructions. Some are safe for microwaves, dishwashers, and freezers.
The care instructions will help you care for your freezer trays adequately and delay damages or cracks.
The best baby food freezer trays are safe, and easy to use. Silicone is the easiest to use and it is safe. However, some plastic containers, like the ones listed here are also free from toxins and easy to use.
Consider your budget and how much food your child needs when choosing a baby food freezer tray, and you will be sure of picking the best.
You might also like:
Stories surrounding the different deities are usually mysterious and inspiring. Giving your little one any…
Our sugar baby names list is for moms who need sweet names for their precious…
Black baby boy names are usually gotten from African, and Arabic roots while others have…
People who love nature and are looking for nature-themed names will find these ice nicknames…