*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
You’ve made a great choice picking Chloe as your baby’s name. Now it’s time to find a suitable middle name.
Sometimes, it can be a challenge to find a middle name that fits, that is why we have compiled a list of the best middle names for Chloe and all you need to know about these names.
We believe that you will find a suitable choice here.
But before the middle names, let’s look at the meaning of Chloe. That itself can help you find the right middle name.
Chloe Name Meaning
Chloe is a lovely girl’s name that means “blooming, fertility.” It is pronounced ‘kloui’ and has a Greek origin.
This name also has a Proto-Indo-European root which relates to the colors ‘green or yellow.’
Chloe also relates to the characteristics of the Greek goddess, Demeter. Demeter is the goddess of agriculture and harvest.
Chloe is also regarded as a Christian name that appears in the Bible (1 Cor. 1:11).
According to BabyCenter, Chloe is the 42nd most popular girl’s name. Famous people with this name include Chloe Grace Moretz, an American actress; Chloe Bailey, an American singer and actress; Chloe Fineman, an American actress, comedian and writer; and Chloe Kim, an American snowboarder.
Alternative Spellings For Chloe
You can also spell the name Chloe as
Unique Nicknames For Chloe
You can craft a unique nickname for your Chloe. Here are some inspirations:
One-Syllable Middle Names For Chloe
- Chloe Ann: Ann is a short form of the name Hannah. It means “God has favored me, or Grace.”
- Chloe Brielle: Brielle means “heroine of God.” It is the short form of the Hebrew name Gabrielle. If this name doesn’t sound great, I don’t know what else does.
- Chloe Cate: Cate is another way of spelling the name Kate. It means “pure or blessed,” having English, Latin, French, and Welsh origins.
- Chloe Elle: Elle is a short and simple female name that means “she.” It is gotten from the French pronoun, Elle which directly translates to “she.” This name complements Chloe well. When combined together, it could mean “blooming female.”
- Chloe Faith: Faith is an adorable English name for girls. It means “trust or devotion.” When combined with Chloe, the name means “blooming trust.” It sounds like a great name for your daughter.
- Chloe Grace: Grace is quite popular. It means “charm, generosity, and goodness.” It is a Latin name commonly used to represent God’s grace.
- Chloe Jayne: Jayne is the female form of “John.” It means “God is gracious” or “Jehovah has shown favor.” It is a unique way of spelling the name Jane. It is a Hebrew name.
- Chloe Joy: this name means exactly what you think it does, which is “joy, joyful, and happiness. It is a unisex name but is commonly used for girls. It is another variation of the name Joyce.
- Chloe Lee: Lee is a unisex name that means “meadow, or clearing in the woods.” It is commonly known as a boy’s name, but girls also use it. The name Lee is derived from laye, an English word.
- Chloe Rayne: another lovely-sounding name that we love. It originated from Latin, meaning “song, counsel, or helpful friend.” This name also has Scandinavian and Israeli roots too. It is a unisex name.
- Chloe Rea: Rea is another name to consider. It means “flowing.” It is another variation of the name Rhea. It is a Greek name. According to Greek mythology, this name portrays an eternal flow of time and generations. It emphasizes the importance of motherhood and family.
- Chloe Rose: the Rose flower is the epitome of femininity. Using it with Chloe makes your daughter “a blooming rose flower.” Adorable, isn’t it?
Cute Middle Names For Chloe
- Chloe Adele: thanks to the singer Adele, this name has become highly delightful. It means “noble kind or type.” It is a German name and another variation of the name Adelheid.
- Chloe Adeline: this name is similar to Adele, and means “noble, or nobility.” It is a German name.
- Chloe Alexandra: this one is the feminine version of the name Alexander. It means “defender of mankind.” It may be a long name, but fits the short name, Chloe.
- Chloe Amelie: this one rhymes with the name Chloe, because of the ‘i’ sound at their ends. It means “industrious.” An industrious person is known to be energetic, diligent, and hardworking. imagine your baby blooming with all these traits. The name also suits Chloe in meaning. Amelie is a variant of the name Amelia. It is a French name.
- Chloe Aurelia: this three syllable name also matches Chloe well. It means “the golden one” and has a Latin origin.
- Chloe Bethany: this has both Greek and Hebrew origin, meaning “house of affliction, or house of figs.” Feel free to throw away the first meaning because your baby will never bring you affliction. When you combine this name with Chloe, it can mean “blooming figs.”
- Chloe Celeste: this one means “heavenly.” It is a pleasant-sounding name of Latin origin.
- Chloe Eleanor: this one means “shining light or light-hearted.” It is a girl’s name of Greek and French origins.
- Chloe Eloise: this is another popular one on the list. It means “healthy and wide.” It is a Germanic name.
- Chloe Emilia: this one means “eager, emulate, or rival.” It is a Latin name.
- Chloe Florence: this one sounds like a song. It has almost the same meaning as Chloe, “flourishing, blossoming.” Using these names together emphasizes the growth and bloom attribute of your daughter.
- Chloe Genevieve: this one is a popular French name that means “of the race of women.” It is also the name of Saint Genevieve, who’s popular for having courage and rationale. This saint can be a good role model for your baby.
- Chloe Georgia: this name is the female version of George. It is a Greek name that means “earth-worker, farmer.”
- Chloe Gwendolyn: this is a long middle name for your Chloe. It means “blessed ring.”
- Chloe Harper: Harper is quite common. It is gotten from the word “harp” and means “one who plays the harp.” The harp is a stringed musical instrument. This name is gender-neutral.
- Chloe Helena: this one means “bright or light.” It is a variant of the name Helen. Helen is a Greek name for girls.
- Chloe Isabelle: this is a diminutive of Elizabeth, meaning “God is my oath, pledged to God, or God is perfection.” I think that Chloe Isabelle has a sweet flow. What do you think?
- Chloe Jasmine: imagine a blooming jasmine flower by your window. The fragrance can surely calm your racing mind. You can have this feeling even without the flower when you give it to your baby girl. Besides, Jasmine means “God’s gift, or coming from the flower.”
- Chloe Julia: there is something about two-syllable middle names for Chloe. They just sound perfect. Julia means “youthful,” which makes it suit Chloe perfectly.
- Chloe Lucia: this one means light. It is derived from Lux, a Latin word that means “light.” It is a feminine form of the name Lucius. If you like the meaning, but don’t want to use Lucia, go for Lucy. Lucy is a variant of Lucia.
- Chloe Madelyn: this one means “high tower or woman of Magdala.” It is an adorable name with shared origins in Greek, Hebrew, and French.
- Chloe Madison: this three-syllable name is another good pair for Chloe. It means “son of Maddy, son of Matthew.” It was first used as an English surname but is now accepted as a unisex name. This name also has a Germanic origin, meaning “strength in battle.”
- Chloe Matilda: this name means “battle mighty.” Combining it with Chloe gives a gentle strength to your baby. More like the “assertive” kind of strength. Matilda is a German name. It also sounds melodious too. Doesn’t it?
- Chloe Mirabel: this one means “of wondrous beauty or wondrous.” It is a perfect name for a cute baby. Combining it with Chloe makes it even better, meaning “blooming beauty.”
- Chloe Nicole: this adorable name means “victory of the people.” It is a Greek name.
- Chloe Ophelia: this name means “aid or benefit.” It is a Greek name.
- Chloe Piper: like Harper, Piper means “pipe player or flute player.” It is a British name for both boys and girls.
- Chloe Rayven: this one means “raven,” a knowledgeable bird with great hunting abilities. The name has a British origin and is suitable for both boys and girls.
- Chloe Reagan: this is another gender-neutral name that portrays royalty. It means “little king.” This name has an Irish origin. It is a great name for a baby that you want to bloom in confidence.
- Chloe Scarlett: this one means “red.” It is a French name that sounds well with Chloe. This name is used to depict courage, joy, and passion.
- Chloe Scott: the name Scott is not only for boys, girls can have it too. It means “from Scotland.” This name will sound even greater if your baby’s ancestry links to Scotland.
- Chloe Seraphina: this name will fit your baby best if she has a short surname. The name Seraphina means “fiery or burning.” It is gotten from the Hebrew name Seraphim.
- Chloe Seren: this is a lovely female name of Welsh origin. It means “star.” This name is very common in England. Seren complements Chloe, especially in pronunciation. It is a two-syllable name that sounds great together. It will fit Chloe even better if your baby’s surname has one syllable.
- Chloe Teagan: this is another Irish name, but this one also has shared roots in Welsh. It means “attractive and worldly.” It is gotten from the Gaelic expression, Taghg. Taghg means “wise poet.”
- Chloe Veda: this one means “knowledge or wisdom.” It is a famous Sanskrit name that flows well with Chloe.
- Chloe Viola: just like violet, this name means “purple.” It is a good match for Chloe.
- Chloe Violet: this is an English name gotten from the Latin word viola. This name usually gives off an aura of “beauty, grace, and nature.” It is also used to represent many purple flowers.
- Chloe Willow: this one is Old English and means “willow tree.” This tree is known to thrive even in unfavorable conditions. When combined with Chloe, the name means “blooming willow tree.” Perfect combination.
Names Similar To Chloe
The following names are similar to Chloe
- Claire: this one means “bright, clear.” It is the English version of the name Clara. It also means “famous.”
- Cleo: this name has an Ancient Greek origin, meaning “to celebrate, or to make famous.” This name can also be used as the short form of Cleopatra. Cleopatra means ‘glory of the father.”
- Cora: this one means “honest, just, good, or virtuous.” It is an Ancient Greek name. It is also a variant of the names Korra and Kora.
- Ivy: this one means “climbing evergreen plant.” It is a British name. Ivy was used to representing fidelity in Ancient Greece.
- Kiara: this is still another version of the name Clara. It means “bright or clear.: It is the direct version of Chiara which is the Italian version of Clara. Kiara is also a variant of Ciara, an Irish name. Ciara means “dark or black.”
- Lela: this one means “black beauty.” It is a Swahili girl’s name.
- Noella: this one means “Christmas or the Lord’s birthday.” It is a French name for girls.
- Phoebe: this one also means “clear, bright, or radiant.” It is a Greek name.
- Willa: this one is so desirable. It means “desire, will, helmet, or protection.” It is a Germanic name for girls.
- Zoe: this one means “life.” It is a feminine name of Greek origin.
Sister Names For Chloe
The following names will be great for Chloe’s sister.
Brother Names For Chloe
Are you expecting Chloe’s brother? These names are cool.
Chloe is a sweet name for girls; that is why many parents love it. Since it is a two-syllable name, it can go with many middle names, no matter the length. But you should go for a shorter middle name if your baby’s surname is three syllables or more.