Are you looking for the names that mean miracle to give to your precious gift? You are at the right place. I have compiled great and inspiring names from different origins and cultures just for you.
When we consider the blessing of children, we realize that it is true that babies are miracles. They come into your life, and before you know it, everything changes for good. Almost every family would describe new-born babies as great blessings.
Most parents have to try repeatedly to have one, and when this bundle of joy finally comes, you will no doubt want to give a name that perfectly describes how you feel about the baby.
What is the definition of “miracle”?
There are different definitions of “miracle”. According to the Cambridge dictionary, a miracle is an unusual event that is believed to have been caused by God since it does not follow the ordinary laws of nature.
It also describes it as a surprise, an unanticipated event that no one expected to happen.
In another definition still from the same dictionary, miracle means an excellent achievement in an activity area.
So whether the baby came after you had gone past the age of childbirth, or you closed the door to that aspect with family planning, or you just didn’t know it would be that soon, all fall under this class.
Is the name “miracle suitable for boys and girls?
Of course, “miracle” is a unisex name, and it goes for both boys and girls. But like you know, some cultures have more adorable names for the same “miracle”, and some of them could describe your joy better.
Also, it would have been weird to have a hundred Miracles running around a school, so parents don’t mind taking the pain to discover the most unique names that mean miracle to give to their baby.
In this list of both boy and girl names that mean miracle, I have included Greek names that mean miracle, Latin names that mean miracle, and even Hebrew names that mean miracle.
There are others of Irish descent, turkey, Italian, English, Welsh, and the rest. Truthfully, there should be a name for everyone here.
Synonym of miracle
The many other words that define “miracle”.
These words are mystery, wonder, surprise, revelation, phenomenon, supernatural occurrence, thaumaturgic, sign, prophecy, and the rest.
The name miracle best suits the feeling described by all of these synonyms. And since you cannot name your child “supernatural occurrence”, you need to find a better way of presenting your feelings without making your baby sound awkward.
Check out the various names that mean miracle in our list.
Girl names that mean miracle
- Aaliyah: This name has an Arabic origin, and it means “exalted, Heavens, highborn.”
- Abigail: Abigail originated from ancient Hebrew and is found to mean “Gives joy”.
- Agnes: This Greek name means “pure, chaste, virginal”
- Aksha: Aksha is of Hindi origin, and it means “blessing.”
- Alazne: This beautiful baby girl’s name means “miracle”.
- Amari: This name has an American origin, and it means “miracle of God”. However, it was first used for males but later converted to a female name because of the vowel ending.
- Ayah: This lyrical-sounding baby name is of Arabic origin, and it means “miracle”.
- Beatrix: Beatrix is of Latin origin, and it means “blessed, she who brings happiness”. It is widely used and was even the name of one of the Queens of the Netherlands.
- Behati: This is the African version for Beatrice. It means “blessed, she who brings happiness”.
- Celeste: This is an alternative spelling of Celestine. It is still of Latin origin, and it means “heavenly”.
- Celestine: This Latin girl’s name means “heavenly.”
- Dalili: This name comes of Swahili origin, and it means “sign of gods”. It is almost similar to Delilah or Delila.
- Deanna: This is an English name that means “Divine.”
- Desiree: This name is of French origin, and just like you guessed, it means “so long hoped for”.
- Deva: This name comes of Hindi origin and means “divine, shining one”.
- Diana: This is a popular girl name that comes of Latin origin. It means “divine”.
- Dionne: This name has a Greek origin, and like Diana, it means “divine”.
- Dorothea: This name comes of Victorian Origin, and it means “miracle.”
- Elisha: This is a Hebrew name that means “God is my salvation”. Though I classify it under baby girl names that mean miracle, it can be used as unisex.
- Engracia: adorable baby girl names means “endowed with God’s grace”. It has a Spanish origin.
- Eve: strictly a female name of Hebrew, it means “to live”.
- Fatima: This name has an Arabic origin, and it means “captivating, a woman who abstains.”
- Genevieve: This is a French name that means “blessing of God”, “one who can do miracles.”
- Gia: This name is of Italian origin, and it means “God’s gracious gift”.
- Godiva: This name has an English origin, and it means “God’s gift, a miracle of God”.
- Gundruna: This is a beautiful Swedish name meaning “divine wisdom”.
- Gwyneth: This Welsh originated name has become so popular in America, it means “blessed”.
- Hanita: This Hindi-originated name means “divine grace”.
- Harika: being of Turkish origin, this name means “a miracle, beautiful”.
- Iva: This is one of the Hebrew names that means “gift of God.”
- Jane: This Hebrew name is very common, and it means “God is merciful”.
- Janet: This English origin name means “God’s gracious gift”. Though it is a very beautiful name, it has not featured among the most famous names since the 1960s.
- Jesse: still a Hebrew name which means blessing. This name can be used as a short form of Jessica.
- Jessica: This is a Hebrew name that means “blessed.”
- Karishama: This is a very popular Indian name for “miracle or magic”. It is a Sanskrit language.
- Keemayah: This is a trendy Indian girl name for “miracle”. It also means “divine or magic.”
- Marvel: This is a French word for “miracle”. The variation of this name is Marvella which is still a very adorable name for baby girls.
- Mavisha: This name has an Arabic origin and is mainly used as a variation for Mevasha. Mevasha means “miracle to life” or “a blessing of life”.
- Maxima: This name comes of Latin origin, and it means “miracle worker.”
- Mikelle: This very rhythmic name comes of Latin origin, and it means “miracle or wonder”.
- Milagros: This is a lovely Spanish name that means “miracle”. Though people say that it sounds old, people in the Hispanic community are still very interested in bearing the name.
- Mira: This is a traditional name for Indians that means “miracle”. It is also commonly used by the Arabs for the same meaning.
- Mirabei: This is a Hindi name that means “wonderful.”
- Miracle: do others not sound appealing enough? Go for the word name.
- Miraglos: This name comes from Spanish origin, and it means “miracle, a wonder”.
- Mireya: Mireya is one of the Spanish names that means “miracle.”
- Mirielle: This name comes from French, and it means “miraculous”.
- Nadira: This name originated in Arabic, and it means “precious one, rare”.
- Nasya: This is a Hebrew name with roots in Irish culture. It means “miracle” is among the top 20 most famous names in Israel.
- Nayab: This Persian-born name means “unique, rare.”
- Nessa: this is a Jewish name with a Scandinavian origin that means miracle. It is derived from the name Agnes.
- Nevaeh: think of heaven spelled backward. That is the name. It is a miracle name of American origin, meaning heaven.
- Ohanna: of Hebrew origin, this name means God’s gracious gift”. It is a very rare Hebrew name meaning miracle. Only approximately three Ohanna’s are born each year.
- Orella: This name came of Latin origin, and it means “Announcement for gods, oracle.”
- Pelia: This is a Hebrew name that means the “miracle of God.”
- Sachi: Sachi is the shortened form of the Japanese name “Sachiko”. It means miracle, and though it came from Japanese, it gives off an international feel.
- Senalda: This name comes from a Spanish origin, and it means “A sign.”
- Shany: This Swahili originated name means “wonderful, marvelous”.
- Sian: This name has a welsh origin, and it means “God’s gracious gift.”
- Sinead: This baby girl name has an Irish origin, and it means “God’s gracious gift.”
- Thea: This name has a Greek origin, and it means “gift from God”. This name also means miracle and is a short form of Dorothea.
- Theodora: This Greek originated name means “gift of God.”
- Theophania: still originated from Greek, this name means “appearance of God.”
- Tiffany: This is a Greek name that means “God’s appearance.”
- Tori: This is an English name that means “victory”.
- Urania: This adorable baby name comes of Greek origin, and it means “heavenly”.
- Uriela: This name has a Hebrew origin, and it means “God’s light”.
- Winifred: This name has a Welsh origin, and it means “blessed peacemaker, Holy, or one who is miraculous.”
Boy names that mean miracle
- Aaron: This is an adorable Hebrew name coined from the Egyptian name “Aharon”. It means “being miraculous”.
- Adom: Adom is an African name that has been widely accepted by both Americans and Europeans. It means “blessing of God or miracle of God”.
- Ansel: This name is a German name that means “with divine protection”. It comes from the same root as Anselm.
- Arush: This unique-sounding Indian name came from the Sanskrit language, and it means “one who is strong and miraculous”.
- Ascher/asher: This masculine name has its origin in the Bible and of the Hebrew language. It means “miracle, blessing”. This name means miracle, and is one of the most popular names of 2020, and is suitable for both males and females.
- Ayaan: This is an Arabic name that means “miracle, gift of God”.
- Barke: This is a name of African origin. It means “many blessings”.
- Barrack: This Swahili name is coined out of Arabic origin,n and it means “blessing, miracle”.
- Baruch: This name popped up in the Bible in prophet Jeremiah’s writing. It is a Hebrew name that means “blessed, miracle”.
- Benedict: The name Benedict is an English name that came from the Italian or Latin name “Benedictus”. It means miracle, blessed”.
- Bennett: This is a remodeled version of the name “Benedict”. It means “blessed, miracle”.
- Boone: This simple masculine name comes of English origin. It means “miracle, blessing”.
- Chazon: This name comes of Hebrew descent, and it means “prophecy, revelation”.
- Daliso: This is an African name that means “heavenly gift”.
- Darko: This name has a Slavic origin. It means “a special gift”.
- Devak: This name finds its root in India, and it means “divine”.
- Eijaz: This Arabic masculine name means “miracle, blessing”.
- Elijah: This is a Hebrew name that means “Yahweh the God”.
- Ender: This is a name with a turkey origin that means “very rare”.
- Fyodor: This is a Russian name that means “God’s gift”.
- Gianni: This is a lovely Italian name that means “God is gracious”.
- Gwyn: This name is linked back to the Welsh culture and is found to mean “miracle, blessed, fair, or white”.
- Harika: This fascinating name comes of Turkish origin. It means “miracle.”
- Ian: This is a Scottish name coined out of the name “John”. It means “miracle”, or “gift of Lord”.
- Jesse: This name comes from Welsh culture, and it means “blessed”.
- Jonathon: This is a Hebrew name that means “a miracle of God, god’s gift”.
- Joseph: Joseph is a Hebrew name that is widely found in the Bible. It means “to increase”.
- Lazarus: This name is of Greek origin and is found in the bible. It means “God is my helper”.
- Levi: This name also comes of Hebrew descent, and it means “attached, joined to”.
- Loreto: This name has an Italian origin and was derived from a town called “Lauretum”. It means “miraculous” and can be given to both males and females.
- Lumi: This name is a unisex Finnish name that means “light-bringer.”
- Mansur: This name has an Arabic origin, and it means “divine aid”.
- Matteo: This is the alternative spelling of Matthew. It means “gift from God. Besides Matteo, another alternative spelling is Mattia.
- Matthew: This name is also another of Hebrews. It means “miracle of Lord”.
- Milagre: This name came from Portuguese, and it means “miracle”. Children with this name can also be called “Milo”, which means the same thing.
- Milagro: This name comes from Spanish origin, and it means “miracle, a wonder”. It is a unisex name, but the one for girls carries an ‘s’.
- Miracolo: This name is a very rare and unique Italian-derived one for boys. It means “miracle”.
- Mirakel: This name is a Danish name that is derived from a Norwegian word. It means “miracle.”
- Moses: This name comes of Egyptian origin, and it means “delivered from water”.
- Nathaniel: This name is Hebrew. It means “God has given”, “miracle of God”.
- Neo: this is a Taiwanese name that means “gift”. This name is also suitable for your baby girl.
- Nissan: This is another simple Hebrew name that means “miracle”.
- Osgood: This name has a Teutonic Origin and means “divine creator”.
- Osmond: This is an English name that means “divine protection”.
- Oswald: This name has an old English origin, and it means “divine power”.
- Raphael: This is another Hebrew name that means ‘God has healed. The extraordinary interpretation of this name makes it suitable for a rainbow baby.
- Revel: This is also another name of ancient English origin which means “tumult, festivity”.
- Thaddeus: This name has a Greek origin and is coined of Aramaic language. It means “miracle of God” “blessing of God”.
- Theo: This masculine name is of Greek origin, and it means “Divine gift”.
- Theodore: This Greek name means “gift of God”. This name has suddenly risen into the list of the most popular boy names in the last five years.
- Tory: This is the male version of Tori. It has an English origin and means “victory”.
- Zebadiah: This is also a Greek name that means “God’s gift.”
- Zelig: This is a Yiddish variation of the “Selig”, a name that means miracle. It means “blessed or miracle”.
- Zevadiah: another Hebrew name that means “God’s gift”.
There are numerous baby names that mean miracle, and I could go on and on for the love and pleasantness of them.
Amongst these names are those from Latin, American, Greek, Hebrew, Swedish, Irish, Hindi, Japanese, Italian, Swahili, and other African descent all at your disposal.
However, some of these names are more famous than others (I have commented on the most famous ones). So, you may want to consider a less prevalent name to make your baby unique and easy to spot.
I hope that you have found an adorable name that means miracle for your lovely baby boy or girl.
If you chose a name that means miracle, I pray that the child grows up to be the miracle you so expect.
Cheers to motherhood!
- 10 Simple Things To Do During Pregnancy To Have An Intelligent Baby - June 7, 2021
- 11 Foods That Affect Baby In The Womb (Immediately!) - June 7, 2021
- 15 Healthy Snacks For Energy During Pregnancy - June 7, 2021