As a new or soon-to-be mom or dad, you are preoccupied with buying several things for your baby – one of which is buying the best baby stroller for the comfort of your child. Baby strollers are used for moving your newborn easily and comfortably.
So, there are several things to check out before choosing the best baby stroller for your newborn, toddler, and other growing-up stages. This expert review will help you in deciding the type of stroller to buy for your newborn.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or other publishers I trust (at no extra cost to you). See disclosure for details.
Types Of Baby Stroller
The following are the different types of strollers available in the marketplace, check them out;
- Travel strollers: these are designed to be foldable and lightweight to enable you to easily move around with. Besides, it could be used inside public transports, narrow sidewalks, restaurants, and some other environments with narrow spaces.
So, if you are looking for a baby stroller to move your baby around the city, take a road trip, or travel abroad with your babies or toddler – choose the travel stroller.
- Jogging strollers: this is designed to assist parents who love jogging and walking. What differentiates this from other strollers is the wheels – one large wheel in front and two behind and are made of rubber and filled with air for a smooth ride.
- Umbrella or lightweight strollers: they are easy to handle because they weigh less than 15 pounds and they fold and recline into the shape of an umbrella. They are designed with storage baskets, canopy with visor, and cup holders. A good choice for parents that do not require anything heavy while in transit.
- Frame strollers: this is designed with metal frames and intended for use with an infant car seat. It is easy to fold, lightweight, and used to move a sleeping baby without waking the baby.
- Sit and stand strollers: the sit and stand strollers come with a toddler seat and standing platform behind for the older sibling.
Other types of baby strollers are;
- Double stroller
- Full-sized stroller
- Travel system
- Reversible stroller and
- All-terrain strollers
How To Choose Best Baby Strollers
Here are some important things to consider before buying the best baby stroller for your newborn, check them out;
- Look for strollers that meet the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certification for safety and quality
- Besides, you should buy strollers designed with reversible seats – that is, being able to adjust the seats to whichever position you so desire.
- Strollers with a large canopy should be chosen – the canopy should be large enough to offer coverage from sun or wind.
- Also, another feature that makes the best baby stroller is the large under-carriage storage compartment. The storage is used for carrying baby stuff while in transit.
- Another important feature to consider is the availability, the number of children, and whether you want your stroller to travel with you while on a journey or not.
- Size is another factor that should be considered. Some baby strollers are built to fold up easily if you drive, or you use the plane, or you use public transport frequently. So, the environment of usage should determine the size of the stroller you will buy.
- You should also consider the cost when buying a stroller. Strollers could be expensive but there are many budget-friendly options. However, parents who are going to have more than one baby can invest in the first stroller which other children can make use of in the long run.
Best Foldable Stroller
The Summer Infant 3Dmini convenience stroller can fit anywhere because it can easily fold up. It is designed with parent-friendly features that include; storage basket, auto-lock, lockable rear wheels, anti-shock front wheels, double cup holders, and storage pouch.
Its child-friendly features are; multi-position recline, padded seat back, full-sized seat, hassle-free canopy designed with pop-out sun visor, and safety harness. It is recommended for babies that are up to 6 months or when they can sit up by themselves. Besides, it can be used by babies that weigh up to 45 pounds.
- Lightweight and easily foldable
- Storage space
- UV protective canopy
- Safety and comfort
- UV protective canopy
- It’s lightweight, compact, and easily foldable
- Wheel locks for safety
- Shorter handles for taller parents
Best Baby Strollers For Newborns
The Mountain Buggy Nano stroller can be used by newborns. There is no need to buy an extra adapter – besides, it’s compatible with the brand’s soft shell cocoon carrycot which is sold separately.
This stroller can accommodate up to 44 pounds and can be used by babies from 0 months and upwards.
- Travel system ready
- Lightweight and ultra-compact fold
- Extra comfort
- Travel bag
- Better sun cover
- Can be used for a newborn when used with Cocoon Carrycot
- Suitable for various terrains
- The adapter makes it compatible with many car seats
- Lightweight, easily folded and can be carried from place to place
- Adjustable leg rest
- Comes with a shoulder strap and travel bag
- Lacks cup and tray holder
- Limited canopy
- Requires two hands for folding
Best Baby Strollers For Twins
So, if you are in search of the best baby strollers for twins – check out the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Double Stroller;
The Kolcraft Cloud Plus double stroller is one of the best budget-friendly strollers for twins that can be used while on transit and comes with some of the best features – some of which are; the large canopy for UV protection, storage space (child trays, juice box holder, and two drink holders)
Other features are; lightweight design, reclining seat that offers up to a 5-point safety system that can take up to 40 pounds weight per seat.
So, looking for the best baby stroller for twins – try the Kolcraft Cloud Plus Double stroller
- Reclining seats
- Self-standing fold
- Double storage baskets
- Baby and parents trays
- Wheels suitable on paved and smooth surfaces
- Three-tier canopies – though not very big it’s still not the smallest around
- Double large storage baskets for accommodating baby’s stuff
- Large canopy for protection against sun
- Reclining seat delivers 5-points safety system
- The inability of the seat to recline completely flat
Best Baby Strollers For Grandparents
The Britax B-Lively lightweight stroller is designed with wheel suspension for a smooth ride and a one-hand fold system making it easy to store. It is suitable for babies up to 55 pounds, comes with an adapter, and is compatible with all Britax infant car seats.
It is a 3-wheel stroller that comes in 3-colors; Raven, Red, and Gray. Interestingly, this stroller comes with a two-year warranty that guarantees its quality.
So, if you want a lightweight stroller with ventilated canopy, a wide opening on the storage basket, and an adjustable recline on the seat – then the Britax B-Lively stroller has got your back
- Large zipper pocket
- Car seat compatibility
- Well-ventilated bassinet
- 5-point harness mechanism
- One-hand quick fold
- Lightweight full-size stroller
- Large UV protection bassinet
- Multi-position recline system
- 3-wheel suspension mechanism
- Extra-large storage basket with front access
- Suitable for toddlers can be converted to a newborn stroller by attaching the infant car seat
- Compact and fold up easily
- Car seat compatibility
- A large bassinet that offers protection from sun rays
- A five-point harness offers safety for the child
- The stroller can only be used with Britax infant car seats
- No child toy is included in the package
- Might not be suitable for rough terrain
Best Baby Strollers Under 100
With a weight of 12.5 pounds, the BABY JOY lightweight stroller is the perfect travel companion for parents with amazing features – a parent can hold it in one arm while carrying your baby in your arms. It comes in four colors (Black, Pink, Orange, and Green).
The stroller is designed with two front swivel wheels, two rear non-swivel wheels, and one cup holder. Besides, the adjustable canopy of this umbrella stroller offers coverage from sunlight and raindrops.
Another interesting feature is the fact it comes with a good storage space where parents can have their stuff when it’s used outside the house. So, these amazing features make BABY JOY lightweight stroller the top pick for the best baby stroller under 100.
- Adjustable canopy
- Large storage area
- Lockable wheels and five-point harness system
- High quality finish with heavy-duty Aluminium frame
- It comes with a carrying strap
- Built to be strong with a higher frame and handlebars
- Easy to push
- Not ideal for rough terrain
- Wheels are not of good quality
- The seat has a partial recline
Best Baby Stroller For All-Terrain
These types of strollers are built for all surface types – they are designed with big and air-filled wheels for shock absorption. Oftentimes, these are designed for mostly outdoor use and with a wide base that prevents tipping.
It is designed with large bicycle tires that make movement easy on all surfaces. Besides, its front swivel wheel ensures that it is maneuvered easily and locks for jogging. With 25.5 pounds weight – it can accommodate a 6-month-old baby and even up to 50 pounds weight.
So, if you want an all-terrain stroller with amazing features where you will not need to break the bank to get it – the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger stroller has got your back.
- Front swivel wheel
- Portability and ease of use
- Back wheel brakes
- Compatible with Baby Trend Infant car seat
- Child’s tray and an amazing seating system
- Five-point harness and easy buckling system
- Large storage area for baby stuff like diapers, toys, and snacks
- It is affordable
- Adjustable canopy
- Durable and rugged wheels
- Designed with baby’s snack tray
- Adequate storage compartments
- Built with a five-point harness to ensure baby’s safety
- Wobble wheels at high speed
- Folding could be challenging
- Footbrake could be a bit stiff
Best Baby Strollers With Car Seat
This traveling system is built with adequate comfort, convenience, and safety – which is the first factor to consider when buying a baby stroller for your child. So, the Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel system ranks as the best baby stroller with a car seat.
The stroller is lightweight and also passes the one-hand fold thereby making it stand alone after folding. With this, there is a seamless transmission from car to stroller without disturbing the comfort of the baby.
- Peek-a-boo window
- Extra-large basket
- Tray for both baby and parent
- Flip flop friendly brakes
- Head and body insert support for newborn
- JPMA certified travel system with a 1-year warranty.
- Five-point safety harness to keep a baby up to 50 pounds (for stroller usage) and up to 35 pounds (for car seat usage)
- It is affordable
- Easy to use and travel friendly
- It comes with a machine washable cover
- Smaller storage basket
- Poor quality canopy
- No seat belt lock-off at the base of the stroller
The baby stroller is one of the most important baby gear parents must buy as they await the arrival of their bundle of joy – but the challenge is in knowing how to buy the best baby stroller that will meet the needs of both the child and the parent.
So, if you have gone through the best baby stroller article – you should know the features to look out for when buying the best baby stroller, the types of baby stroller available in the marketplace, and the available examples under the Best Foldable Stroller, Best Baby Strollers For Newborns, Best Baby Strollers For Twins, Best Baby Strollers For Grandparents, Best Baby Strollers Under 100, and the Best Baby Strollers With Car Seat.